Veteran Pension — Why Do County Employees Not Know About This Benefit?


Most counties have someone who is to help veterans and these good folks are normally trained by the VA.

But unfortunately sometimes these folks don’t even know about the VA Pension disability benefits.

Even some of the Veteran Service Organizations (American Legion, VFW, etc) don’t know about it or don’t know how to properly advise veterans.

If you have no assets and no income, then a VSO will normally be able to help you.

But a VSO can’t give you legal advice on how to file a claim or how to transfer assets in a legal manner to qualify for this benefit.

So there is no problem with going to the county veteran employee person or to a VSO but if you are told you don’t qualify for the maximum benefit then check with a lawyer to see if this is accurate or how you can legally qualify.

If you live in Alabama and have questions about this benefit for you or your spouse or your parents, please let us know by calling us at 205-879-2447 or you can fill out a contact form on our Alabama Consumer site. Do note we are creating a separate site just for this area of the law in Alabama but it is not up and running yet so feel free to give us a call at 205-879-2447.


Comments are closed.

Contact Information