When you’re handling your Alabama Small Claims debt collection lawsuit on your own, it’s critical that you start with filling out and filing your answer.

While I personally can’t tell you what to fill out in the answer form, I can tell you what you’ll see and explain each choice to you.  And help you think through which is the right choice for you.


“I have been sued in an ejectment lawsuit after a foreclosure. How long do I have to answer the lawsuit in Alabama?”

This is an important question that we will answer in this article.  It seems bad enough to be foreclosed.  But then you get sued for “ejectment”.  This means the company suing you (normally your mortgage company) is trying to evict or “eject” you from your home.

And claim you have lost your right of redemption.

Posted in: and


This is a great question we have been asked, because credit reports are important to our everyday lives.  And there are a surprising number of judgments in Alabama that are vacated or done away with.  Usually because the defendant was not properly served.

So what do you do if you have a judgment vacated?


When you have a judgment against you, and it’s on your credit report, it can be frustrating.

However, once you have a satisfaction of judgment, it can be a breath of fresh air as that judgment must show that it has been “paid” or “satisfied”.


A common question that we get when we’re dealing with a consumer who is suing an abusive debt collector is, Why would the debt collector have to pay my attorney’s fees under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act?”

This is a fair question.

Contact Information