“Can a debt collector garnish my wages without a judgment?”
Maybe you’ve gotten a letter or a phone call from a debt collector, or maybe you’re being sued by a debt collector, and they’re threatening to garnish your wages.
This is a “bonus” article/video to our series on debt collection lawsuits in Alabama by debt buyers.
So why do we sometimes send you an email and let you know there has been a motion to continue filed?
“Debt collector on your credit report — dispute with the collector or with credit bureau?”
This is a question we received through a comment on our channel, which is a place where we will be answering more questions from. We appreciate the questions that you guys write, and we look forward to answering more of your questions in the future!
I just got out of a debt collection trial in Alabama, and I thought I’d take a minute to remind you how important it is to know the difference between owing the debt collector, and the debt collector owning the debt.
In this case, the debt collection lawyer told us that they were suing our client because they owed the debt collector money.
Heading to a Summary Judgment Hearing Filed By Debt Buyer “Investment Retrievers Inc”
We figured that today would be a good time to talk about a summary judgment, as I was heading to a hearing on this type of judgment.
The second mortgage is the company that is second in line to be paid when you sell your house.
A mortgage ties the note to the property.
When we say “first mortgage,” we’re talking about the first mortgage company that’s in line to be paid back.
A first mortgage is where we receive a loan to buy a house.
“How easy is it to beat Velocity Investments LLC in Alabama?”
Velocity Investmenst LLC is a debt buyer/debt collector out of New Jersey. They claim to buy debt and then they sue in Alabama on about 10% of the debts they collect. The other 90% are collected without a lawsuit.
The complaint is the document that starts the lawsuit, and it states who is suing you, what county they’re suing you in, and how much they’re suing you for.
Without the complaint, there is no lawsuit. So the complaint starts the collection lawsuit.