Credit Report Errors – Why Do I Have To Dispute Directly With The Credit Bureaus?




It may not make sense but this is the law – you have to dispute directly with the credit reporting agencies – the national ones include Trans Union, Innovis, Experian, and Equifax.

You can and should also send a dispute to the furnisher of information (i.e. the creditor or collector) but if you do not send it to the reporting agency, then there is no obligation on the furnisher to do anything.

Crazy but that’s the political process folks….

Remember when you send a dispute to do it by certified mail, return receipt requested.

If you live in Alabama, feel free to contact us through our website or you can call us at 205-879-2447 if you have any questions.

You can join our Facebook Fan Page – Alabama Consumer Protection Attorneys where we share useful information about the same types of issues that we cover in this blog.


Comments are closed.

Contact Information