-Applications for credit, insurance, and rentals for personal, family or household purposes.
• Employment, which includes hiring, promotion, reassignment or retention. A CRA may not release a credit report for employment decisions without consent.
• Court orders, including grand jury subpoenas.
• “Legitimate” business needs in transactions initiated by the consumer for personal, family, or household purposes. (litigation is not legitimate by 3rd parties)
• Account review. Periodically, banks and other companies review credit files to determine whether they wish to retain the individual as a customer.
• Licensing (professional).
• Child support payment determinations.
• Law enforcement access: Government agencies with authority to investigate terrorism and counterintelligence have secret access to credit reports.
If you have had issues with how your credit report has been used, or problems with debt collectors, feel free to contact us.